Sunday, May 3, 2009

A BUDDING SONGWRITER

Ellery was humming quietly to herself and then she brightened and said, "Mom I made up a song that has two parts.  Do you want to sing it with me?"

"Of course!" I replied.  "What's my part?"

With a little shimmy of her shoulders, she instructed, "Possible...Possible...Possible..." giving it a jazzy rhythm with a questioning emphasis on the last syllable.

I imitated as well as I could, including the sassy shake of the shoulders as Ellery joined in with her part, alternating with mine.

"Cracker!  Cracker!  Cracker!"

3 comments:

  1. Will you two be preforming any time soon? I would really like to see your shimmy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I'm not sure I'm clear on the tune but it sure sounds cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not much of a tune. More of a chant. But Ellery does it with attitude.

    ReplyDelete